Strawberry Cake Filling - No Refrigeration

Baking By sari.t Updated 14 Jun 2019 , 11:05pm by kakeladi

sari.t Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari.t Posted 14 Jun 2019 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 3

Hi I have a wedding cake coming up soon. The bride is wanting a strawberry filling. I know there has to be somekind I should be able to make that would not require refrigeration. I do not want to have to put the filled, iced cake in the refrigerator. Mine is not big enough for the cake. The cake will be sitting out  (inside) til their reception starts. The bride did not specify fresh strawberries, strawberry buttercream or anything all she said was a strawberry filling. The wedding is on a Saturday around 1 or 2 she wants it delivered around 11. I always ice and decorate the night before which would be that Friday. It would need to sit out for not even 24 hrs but I want something that is safe to sit out for a few days. Can you please give me the best non refrigerated strawberry cake filling? Anykind! Thank you!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2019 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 3

funny you should ask -- I too wanted the same kind of non-fridged strawberry filling -- I just tested it yesterday in fact -- i'm using a vanilla abc -- I got some freeze dried strawberries -- usually available at whole foods per a brilliant member on here who uses them for her strawberry cake batter -- but i got mine at target --

so I got some fd strawberries and whirled some in my ninja blender -- made a straight up vanilla buttercream and combined the whirled berries and the icing -- then I divided it in half and added white balsamic to one half, then divided each of those and added elderflower liqueur to half of those --

anyhow -- the white balsamic one with the strawberry powder is excellent -- and for my purposes, the one with the elderflower in addition to the balsamic is the winner -- but you don't need to use the elderflower nor the white balsamic either for that matter but if you can get it the white balsamic is quite delicious with the berries

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream

but any regular American buttercream recipe will work with the powdered strawberries -- the freeze dried berries whirled in the food processor or ninja blender -- I left it out overnight and it is still pink and pretty and the bit larger bits are still red, very pretty, very tasty -- 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Jun 2019 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 3

Another possibility is jam   It  can be used straight out of the jar or mixed w/b’cream   Just get a good quality—like Smucker’s simply fruit   Have used it often 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%