Bulk Cake Mix

Baking By MommaBaker90 Updated 13 Jun 2019 , 6:03pm by kakeladi

MommaBaker90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBaker90 Posted 13 Jun 2019 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 2

Hey Everyone!! :)

Right now, we use single boxes of cake mix for our creations however, we are finding that places locally run out of stock or we only need half of a box, etc. We are currently working on getting our license thus, we would like to buy bulk mixes. Has anyone bought any mixes from webstrauntstore.com or the like before? I see that https://www.webstaurantstore.com/5-lb-white-cake-mix/999CAKEWHITE.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06sqbbcQjDloetrXPuEsc-EX_vy-5FmaJB9C8-88WE1Zit2_HQxPxyQaAulrEALw_wcB has bulk mixes however, it is only add water mix. Will this work for a WASC recipe or no? Any suggestions for us? Just don't want to run out of boxes locally and have to drive an hour+ away for a cake mix LOL! 

Thank you all! kissing_heart

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jun 2019 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 2

It's been almost 15 yrs since I had my bakery but I used bulk mix that the distributor said was Pillsbury and it worked well with my WASC recipe.  Had some problems at 1st but after I worked out exactly how to mix it it worked great :)     Try locating a "Retail Bakers Assoc" in your area.  That's who I woked with/through.  They were very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%