Whipped Cream Filling With Smbc Frosting

Decorating By Icekitsune Updated 10 Jun 2019 , 2:01am by SandraSmiley

Icekitsune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Icekitsune Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, New baker here, just a few questions that I wanted to ask.

I'm planning on a decorating a mario themed cake for my nephew and currently brainstorming some ideas but not the experience to see if it's achievable. The kids like the asian whipped cream with fruits as a filler but i don't think that type of cream can be used as a frosting the whole cake. So instead maybe, smbc as a frosting with fondant decorations attached and a whipped cream , fresh fruit and more whipped cream as the middle layer. Has any one tried that? Is it a issue to have two types of cream? It'll be at home and refrigerated, nothing fancy. However I heard that smbc has to sit 2hours before serving, and whipped cream doesn't??

I did some research on the forum, I want to wrap and stick pieces of fondant around the cake without covering the cake with fondant. Like fondant stars on smbc frosting. Since these are pieces that curve around the cake, can it be made in advance? If so, does I t get dry and brittle and not pliable to go around?

If I can do the whole cake with whipped cream, I would like to but I think the decorations will bleed or be goopy I heard.

Thanks for any help

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 2:01am
post #2 of 2

Since you are at home, you could frost your whole cake in cream, if it was your preference, and wait until right before you served the cake to add the fondant decorations.

If your fondant pieces are large enough to need a significant curve, try drying them on a cake dummy or a pot the size of the cake.  I've also made pieces a few days in advance and sealed them inside a ZipLoc bag and they stayed soft enough to apply easily to the cake.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%