Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 13 Jun 2019 , 12:51am by shdvl

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 12:26am
post #1 of 13

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I hope everyone has had a great week! Things are a bits nuts on my end right now.  I'm working on a (three tier) vow renewal cake for tomorrow afternoon.  I have pottery in the morning, then drive an hour to deliver the cake & attend the vow renewal. More pottery on Sun with a soccer game that night. Craig's birthday is Tues so I should make him a cake and I also play softball that night.  Softball again Wed night with a retirement cake for Thurs and 4 dozen cupcakes for Fri. Oh ya, I'm working full time in there too!

I may not have time to check back in until this time next week! Lol

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to ☺

Kelly 

12 replies
thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 3:42am
post #2 of 13

I booked a TON of cake orders this week- two cupcake orders and three cakes,  who needs sleep right? I'm still working on my other graduation cake but I'll post it tomorrow when I get done with it. 

Tiramisu Cake

I had to make 72 of these graduation cupcakes: Chocolate with chocolate ganache, Lemon with raspberry BC,  and Blue Berry with blueberry BC.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 10:53am
post #3 of 13

Thecanadian, beautiful cakes, and sound delicious! I love making fruit/berry (or other adventurous flavors) flavored b/c, but most people only venture into chocolate/vanilla combos for parties. 

No cakes for me this weekend, but I hear you on how busy life is. I am shocked to find myself in the middle of June, I simply don't understand where the time went. Between caring for my kids, husband's health, and kids stuff, I have lost myself petty much, and allowed the time to fly by unnoticed in daily chores. I need to slow down, but no idea how. 

We are heading into the humidity of summer here in Virginia. No good for fondant!

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 13

Lovely cakes thecanadian160. How did you make the tirimisu cake? Sounds delicious. 

I made this poker and golf cake. It’s lemon cake, lemon curd and lemon bc. 

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 2:26am
post #5 of 13

Louglou: The tiramisu cake is 4 layers of vanilla bean cake with marscapone/whipped cream/espresso icing, KahluaFriday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19 simple syrup, and dutch cocoa between each layer. 

Here is cake #2 GO BADGERS!

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 13

Thecanadian160 - those cakes areLEGIT!!!! How did you get all of that done!! And they look flawless!!

this week for me: bus cake, soccer cupcakes/cookies (Lord help me... every time I do cookies I want to destroy all the Royal icing that exiats in the world) and a Pokemon cake - forgot to take pics after put the ears on after delivery!!!

Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19Friday Night Cake Club For 06/07/19

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 13

Whoops - didn’t mean to post the cookies I made for my boys’ lunch boxes...sorry!

Louglou...that golf bag is ADORABLE!!!! How did you make the clubs?

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 10:28pm
post #8 of 13

@thecanadian160 an amazing job. My favorite is the sport cake with the cute little toppers. My hats off to you that is a lot of baking and they all look perfect.

@louglou that golf and poker cake is perfect. I know a few guts that would love it. 

@MerMadeBakedGoods I have a love hate relationship with royal icing. Love how it looks hate having to work with because I can’t ever seem to get it right. Love the Pokémon cake. I may try to make one for my sisters birthday because she loves Pokémon. I know have to drive when we are together so she can catch them.

I made a wedding cake with artificial flowers. I just don’t know how y’all do this all the time. I am so ready to go back to work on Monday to have less stress. 

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 12:51am
post #9 of 13

@thecanadian160 wow! You accomplished a lot and it all looks great! I really like the color palette on your baptism (?) cake and the graduation cake is so well done!

@louglou your golf bag is adorable and perfect! I also really like how you incorporated the card suits in the pattern around the cake.

@MerMadeBakedGoods you were a busy hee this week too! It all looks great! I used to hate royal icing too but the more you work with it, the easier it should get.

@Marian64 your cake is very pretty!

My vow renewal cake survived the hour plus drive and the crappy roads. I was sent a photo of what they wanted for a cake, birch bark looking tiers with their initials carved in, flowers and "we still do" instead of "just married" plus a lady bug somewhere on the cake. The colors they wanted incorporated were pink, white and wine.  I made wafer paper roses, daisies and leaves with gumpaste berries and a lady bug.  I was pleasantly surprised when the "bride" said it looked better than the photo she sent me.

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 12:53am
post #10 of 13

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 12:55am
post #11 of 13

Stunning!

CakeMBsurprise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMBsurprise Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 7:53pm
post #12 of 13

That Christening cake is absolutely gorgeous!

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 13 Jun 2019 , 12:51am
post #13 of 13

Better late than never. I spent last week getting my Older son ready for his graduation from High School. We had several people over for a meal of his choice before the ceremony then spent most of Friday night at the ceremony itself.

I got several pictures I will upload of the cake if/when cake central lets me. I made my non chocolate lover a lemon cake with fresh strawberries and Italian meringue buttercream. Thanks to several ladies here I got gum paste made and added a mortarboard with a bad tassel in school colors and a simple scroll depicting his diploma. Proud Mom moment when I was able to snap a picture with him in his robes next to the cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%