Birthday Cake Theme

Decorating By louglou Updated 3 Jun 2019 , 3:40pm by inthekitchen2

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 30 May 2019 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 6

I’m entering a local, charity bake off where the theme is simply “birthday cake”. 

I was thinking of making a giant slice of cake a bit like this. 

Birthday Cake Theme

I’m in the uk where birthday cake is typically Victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam. I think a 10” round (1” high) layer cut into 6 and then stacked should look good. Any suggestions on a different filling? or something else to make it more interesting?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 May 2019 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 6

I have no idea how different your cake mix is but you might want to consider using the WASC recipe   It can be made with ANY flavor of mix you can find   For other than white/vanilla cakes a filling could be Bavarian cream   It’s really good w/butter pecan cake   If you can’t find that use a French vanilla mix (or white or even yellow) & add 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans       That recipe will give you more batter than you need ; use the extra to make a cake or cupcakes for the family :)   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2019 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 6

what about a butter pecan flavor and add some date sugar too -- you could brown some of the butter -- mmm

or use a flavored simple syrup splash brushed onto the baked cake before filling -- like an orange liquor -- you guys have Grand Marnier?

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 1 Jun 2019 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both. I’m not familiar with butter pecan but it sounds delicious so I will give it a go another time. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Jun 2019 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 6

Why would you want to argue with perfection!  I only discovered the Victoria Sandwich from a British fried a couple of years ago, and it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 3 Jun 2019 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

I think that sounds great! That cake is so cute, I hope you win!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%