Delivering A Heavy Wedding Cake With Trolley?

Business By Danyancole Updated 31 May 2019 , 3:57pm by SandraSmiley

Danyancole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danyancole Posted 30 May 2019 , 2:47am
post #1 of 8

I am delivering my first wedding cake on Saturday and just know it will be so heavy to carry. It’s a 6”,10”,14” size and the only person who can help me is my mom (thought my BF could help but he can’t get out of work).

The wedding is for my moms friend, and I was wondering if it would be tack/unsanitary to deliver the cake on a hand truck like this one. The reception is indoors at a separate venue from the wedding so I assume the only people who will be there are the caterers. The cake will be sealed in a box, but is it a bad look to have it this low to the ground? Please let me know what you all think/what I could use instead if this is inappropriate. 

Delivering A Heavy Wedding Cake With Trolley?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 May 2019 , 3:47am
post #2 of 8

In my opinion it is a very good idea to use it   If you have watched any of the TV programs you would see such things used   Just go slow especially on uneven grounds 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 30 May 2019 , 11:25am
post #3 of 8

Definitely not tacky or unsanitary unless of course the hand truck was covered in mud.  Like kakeladi said, these are used in various cake baking shows because many times their creations are very big and very heavy.  Do what you need to do.

Danyancole Posted 30 May 2019 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you I appreciate it!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2019 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 8

yes and be sure to walk the area well in advance so you’re sure there’s no gravel areas or gotta go over lawn or whatever — fits through all the doorways, elevators, etc

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2019 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 8

i had a similar hand truck and it was unwieldy — the wheels went where they wanted to go so just saying — nice that your mom can go with you 

Danyancole Posted 30 May 2019 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks again!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 31 May 2019 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 8

Some of the venues even have hand trucks or carts that can be used to transport your cake.  Unless you are much stronger than I (and you probably are because I am old), I would suggest transporting the cake with the 14" tier in a separate box and the 10" and 6" already stacked.  Once you get to the venue, you can finish stacking.  That way, you don't have to move so much weight at one time.  If it were me, I would stack the whole thing at the venue, because it would be a bit much for me to securely lift and position the 10" and 6" already stacked.  Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%