Friday Night Cake Club For 05/24/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 28 May 2019 , 1:01pm by me_me1

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 25 May 2019 , 1:38am
post #1 of 8

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

No cakes for me this week but I did try making macaroons for the first time (at 10pm last night). Not a complete fail but far from picture perfect.  I did some reading/troubleshooting  and gave it another go today.  They look better but I think are still slightly under baked. Last night's were coffee flavored with Baileys chocolate ganache and today I made chocolate with the same ganache. I also filled a few with vanilla bean SMBC that I had on hand.

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to.

Kelly

7 replies
kstevens Posted 25 May 2019 , 1:40am
post #2 of 8

Chocolate ones:

kstevens Posted 25 May 2019 , 1:42am
post #3 of 8

Comparison:

kstevens Posted 25 May 2019 , 1:43am
post #4 of 8

Not sure why my images are sideways as they looked fine before I clicked submit. Doh!

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 26 May 2019 , 9:35am
post #5 of 8

Kelly,

I love macarons, and I feel it takes a three tries to get them perfect. But once you make them, you know why they charge much apiece :-) Fourth-batch mines turned out pretty legit as far as texture. Overbaking can also ruin them. And precision-measuring is the key, I feel.

I did all three macarons Fails: overmixing, overbaking and underbaking, then they got to look perfect. Even my friends were kind of shocked, and they know I bake, but my kids had no reservations in even eating the "flopped" ones LOL

No cakes this weekend, two coming up next - finishing on the Harry Potter one, and a graduation cake. 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 28 May 2019 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 8

No cakes this weekend for customers but I did use some leftover cake layers from previous cakes to make a Memorial Day cake for the party I threw.

The month of June, however, is going to be a busy one for this hobby baker. I have cakes due June 1st, 9th, 15th and 29th!

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 28 May 2019 , 12:59pm
post #7 of 8

Nice feet on those choccie macs!

I've been making pom pom marshmallows in various colours and sizes for an order for a pom pom cake for this weekend. Super cute but no pics yet.

I also had one of my past brides order a cake for her little bubba who has just turned one. I love being asked to make cake for all the milestones in my brides' new and growing families - such an honour!   :)

xx

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 28 May 2019 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%