2 Tier Double Barrel Cake

Baking By judee92064 Updated 21 May 2019 , 3:34pm by -K8memphis

judee92064 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judee92064 Posted 21 May 2019 , 12:07am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone tried stacking a 2 tier double barrel cake? How did you do the dowels? How many pcs will be enough to support it? Since there is an extra cake  board in between each tier and 1 board in between the 2 tiers.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 May 2019 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

Place 1 dowel in , remove & cut all the others to that size   How many depends on the size of the cakes   If it’s an 8” going on top of say a 10” Use  5 dowels  spread around a 6 or 7” circle   Never put any in the center   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2019 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 6

to me, one double barrel cake is already a two- tier cake — but putting together two of those usually means a spindly tall four tier cake — nothing wrong with a center dowel sunk into foam under the bottom board — then slide the cakes onto that with predrilled holes in the boards —

depending on the sizes of the tiers you could even leave that center dowel stick up out of the top so you have some leverage with it’s unwieldy ness for delivery purposes — then clip it off or remove it — patch up the hole, stick a flower  on it — deliver it cold

-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2019 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 6

please feel free to start a new thread if your new membership is preventing you from responding here

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 May 2019 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 6

Yes K8 I should have made those points along with what  I said   All of what you say is so true    What I meant about not using a dowel in the center was as a supporter along w/the others   A center dowel through ALL tiers has a different function & can be very useful as you mentioned    I like to leave it sticking up as you mention removing it once the cake is set up in its final resting spot:)  

-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2019 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

yes yes yes +1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%