Moist Heavy Coarse White Cake

Baking By Sdp1234 Updated 14 May 2019 , 5:37am by louglou

Sdp1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sdp1234 Posted 13 May 2019 , 3:05am
post #1 of 4

I’ve had a couple cakes that I completely loved and I’ve been trying to find a recipe for a couple years.  I’ve found a few threads on this forum that have discussed something similar.   It does seem like what I’m looking for is what many others are trying to avoid.

i love a moist, heavy but also grainy white cake.   To be honest I like most cakes and fluffy is good, dense is also good but I have never been able to find a grainy recipe.  Seems like a moist cornbread consistency is more what I want.

I’ve baked a bunch of recipes with a lot of great tasting cakes but typically they are smooth and fluffy.  Good, and probably what I need most of the time but i’m Still in search of that one texture.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?   Recipes and ideas are welcome.

Thanks for the help

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 May 2019 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 4

No, I have never had a cake with the texture of cornbread.  Seems to be it would be dry and crumbly.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 May 2019 , 4:19am
post #3 of 4

Just watching a “Duff-ace of cake” recent episode   It was mentioned that in the cake they were making almond flour was used because it was a little more dense      Just an idea that might work for you - might be just what you need for your coarse cake 

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 14 May 2019 , 5:37am
post #4 of 4

Madeira cake might be what you are after. It’s a traditional British cake. It’s definitely coarser and heavier than American cakes. It can be a bit dry but a simple syrup would fix that. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%