Indiana Cottage Food Law

Business By MommaBaker90 Updated 8 May 2019 , 7:16pm by -K8memphis

MommaBaker90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBaker90 Posted 8 May 2019 , 11:35am
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone! :)

I now live in Indiana (Shelby County) where the cottage food law is much different than where I am from. I am trying to figure out what a roadside stand is considered? I tried to call the health department to no avail. Just seeing if anyone else here is in Indiana and uses this law without an actual business :) Thanks!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2019 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 3

You'll need to check with the county Health dept or Ag dept.  In what way did the Health dept not help answer your ?s.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 May 2019 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 3

a roadside stand is where farmers sell products on the side of the road -- usually on their property -- this way they can incorporate the things they grow into baked goods --

here where i'm from, I could sell baked goods at farmer's markets and places like that with a sign that says i'm not licensed or inspected -- but that does not include decorated cake -- decorated cake is under catering

Quote by @%username% on %date%