Questions On Non Conf Sugar Bc

Decorating By Naty Updated 6 May 2019 , 9:36pm by Naty

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 5 May 2019 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hello. Would like to cover 3 separate cakes: 6, 8, and 10 inch layer cakes. All 3 inch pans split into layers,.

I have used the Wilton's 1/2 shortening 1/2 butter recipe but i find it too sweet.

Can anyone suggest a different BC that i can use to frost and make simple decrations, and not too sweet and not too complicated? 

Also, how many cups do i need to frost and fill the 3 cakes?

Thank you

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 May 2019 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 7

Adding a 1/4 teaspoon of popcorn salt will help cut the sweetness.  Swiss Meringue Buttercream is not as sweet, but a lot more tricky to make, as is cooked Ermine frosting.  

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 May 2019 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 7

http://artisancakecompany.com/recipe/easy-buttercream/

Lauren Kitchens no cook buttercream......easy peasy to make, pipes beautifully, taste good.

Naty Posted 6 May 2019 , 1:27am
post #4 of 7

Thank you both for your replies!

MBalaska, how long can i leave the iced cakes out of the fridge? I would like to frost Satuday afternoon for Sunday afternoon event and leave on my counter. 

If not, ice Sunday morning and leave out till the afternoon?

Thank you

MBalaska Posted 6 May 2019 , 2:20am
post #5 of 7

Via Lauren Kitchens:

Storage: The day after you make the buttercream you will need to whip at medium speed for 5 minutes. Store at room temp (68-74 degrees F) for up to 2 weeks. (Yes, you heard her correctly). Store in the fridge for up to 2 months. Store in freezer for up to 6 months.

https://avaloncakesschool.com/recipe/easy-and-delicious-lauren-kitchens-buttercream/

MBalaska Posted 6 May 2019 , 2:23am
post #6 of 7

my friends, family, and myself have left frosted cakes & cupcakes out on the counter for days...….. it's still lovely.  This is not a business for me.

Naty Posted 6 May 2019 , 9:36pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much MBalaska!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%