Sps Question

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 4 May 2019 , 10:08am by -K8memphis

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 3 May 2019 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 4

I really love the security of SPS for stacking cakes, but I feel like there is an issue with centering the cakes. Has anyone tried to recenter a plate after the pillars have already been pushed down once? I worry if I take it out, there will be a huge hole in the cake where the columns were previously placed. My cake is level but off center even though I centered the plate and measured the space around the edge.  Sadly, I'm no newbie at this. I have been using SPS for many years and this is my only issue for complaint with it. 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2019 , 9:59am
post #2 of 4

I’m not clear on how it couldn’t be centered — and yes if you re-position the posts it leaves a hole — but you’re saying your cakes are level but not centered and if the plates are centered squarely with the cakes — I don’t see how they wouldn’t be centered — i’m not understanding the issue exactly — 

-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2019 , 10:05am
post #3 of 4

I know that some sps have a final click where it all tightly fits together so you have to assemble the plate with the posts  first — insert that into the cake below —then place the next cake on top of that because you can’t get those posts in all the way with a cake already on top of the plate — is that what you mean?

-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2019 , 10:08am
post #4 of 4

so you have to have the cake on top on it’s own board and set it on top of the sps plate — you can affix it with a glob of icing or double backed tape before you place it —

is that what you meant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%