Friday Night Cake Club For 04/27/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 28 Apr 2019 , 6:34pm by Laetia

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 27 Apr 2019 , 3:09am
post #1 of 13

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I survived Easter and the cake that I had to do following it. I was planning to post everything tonight but because I am later getting to this than I had wanted I will post pictures of everything tomorrow after pottery.

I hope everyone had a great week!

Kelly

12 replies
LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 27 Apr 2019 , 11:13am
post #2 of 13

Hi all. I hope everyone had a great week, mine was busy, not with all cake, but that is life. Kids were also on spring break, so I was in full mom mode, took them camping and all that. Saw all of your last week's cakes - so impressive!!! I'm jealous of your skills.

I had a cake, and cupcakes ordered for unusual places. One was for a gym party (yes, a gym party - with cake and wine and beer... I guess if you need to work off calories, you don't have far to go... It's a very good gym), and the theme was to celebrate winners of a Challenge they had.

The cupcakes were for a kennel employees.

The gym cake - wish they did not reduce the size of servings in the process, the design would have looked a lot better on a full 2-tier, but oh well. I liked making the laurels "winner's crown" though. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 04/27/19Friday Night Cake Club For 04/27/19Friday Night Cake Club For 04/27/19

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 27 Apr 2019 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 13

Lelekbolek - that is beautiful work. And those puppies are adorable.

this week, life got in the way :).

I wound up having to drive up to my hometown for a couple of days for wakes and a funeral and so everything I was planning to do got pushed back. I realize that meant i didn’t do my best work. But that’s okay. Because celebrating and grieving with family is most definitely more important. It’s just hard when you know customers are relying on you for their happy events and you want to do your best work! 

This week I had purple vegan hippo cookies and a cupcake order but I forgot to take pics. Today was also my daughter’s birthday party..so although I only had 2 days, I atoll tried to give her what she asked for ....it’s just a bit messy :) It’s a six layer neopolitan cake, so if anyone’s in the neighborhood-I’ll have extra cake for days!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Apr 2019 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 13

Lelekbolek  your work is so nice.  Taht cake must have been time consuming and I love the cute cupcakes.

And MerMadeBakeed yes, as you said  "..........celebrating and grieving with family is most definitely more important"...........   You got that right!       I'm sure your customers understood.

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:49am
post #5 of 13

@LelekBolek your cake looks great and those cupcakes are adorable! Did you use a mold to do the pillars?

@MerMadeBakedGoods you did a great job on your cake considering your lack of time to do it.

For Easter last weekend I made a carrot cake where I kept the decorations simple, a lemon meringue cheesecake and coloring book cookies for the kiddos (and adults) to color. They all did a great job and I think the adults had even more fun than the kids!

For Tues. I had a birthday cake for a co-worker's wife's birthday. Each year he asks their three kids what the cake should be and this year they said an elephant cake saying It's her favorite animal. They all loved it ☺.

Now I am working on a birthday cake for my mom as well as prototypes for Mother's Day cookies.

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:50am
post #6 of 13

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:51am
post #7 of 13

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:52am
post #8 of 13

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:52am
post #9 of 13

kstevens Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 12:56am
post #10 of 13

I should have mentioned that the cheesecake has an Oreo crumb crust as It's my brother favorite and It's why it looks so dark.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 2:00pm
post #11 of 13

Thank you!

Kelly, yes, the pillars are made in a mold, but I had to add "steps" to make for the height. I needed them taller than the mold was. 

That cake was really one of the worse to photograph. It looked better in person, but photos just look weird. 

The elephant cake is so gorgeous, and so is the cheesecake!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 4:51pm
post #12 of 13

dogelephant  all great -- esp love the elephant and puppies!!! dogelephant

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 28 Apr 2019 , 6:34pm
post #13 of 13

@LelekBolek your cake looks amazing and the puppy cupcakes are too cute!

@Kstevens you had a busy week again! Your cheese cake looks so delicious, I never saw a recipe like this. That elephant you've made is simply gorgeous. I can't wait to see your mothers cake.

@MerMadeBakedGoods I agree, family is the most precious thing we have. Happy birthday to your daughter, I'm sure she was thrilled when she saw her cake for the first time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%