Midsummer Night's Dream Cake?

Decorating By TheElegantEmerald Updated 25 Apr 2019 , 11:42pm by me_me1

TheElegantEmerald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheElegantEmerald Posted 25 Apr 2019 , 5:27am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a cake for a baby shower--the theme is A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I have pretty much been given the decorating freedom for this cake, as it is for a close friend.  Does anyone have any ideas? I'm lacking some inspiration....I've been told to think 'ethereal' and flowery.  Can be one or two tiers.  :) Thanks everyone!

3 replies
PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 25 Apr 2019 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 4

When I need inspiration - Google is my best friend!  In this case just did a search with the words:  Midsummer Night's Dream Cake.   Then click over to the images section.  There are tons and tons of cakes and inspiration pieces. 

The top line allows you to narrow down to any of the following categories...Enchanted Forest, Mystical, Woodland, Fairy Tale, Woodland Creatures and so on.

For me there are always many beautiful cakes beyond my skill  level, but its easy (and fun) to go through to find one I think I can pull off.

Best of luck and have fun no matter what you choose!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 25 Apr 2019 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 4

Oh!  Duh - sorry... don't forget a Gallery search here on Cake Central with any of the key words.  Plenty more gorgeous inspiration.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 25 Apr 2019 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 4

Oh you lucky thing!! What a gorgeous theme to work to! I'd be thinking loads of flowers, maybe some spun sugar to create a floral bower for Titania to recline on...  so many ways you could go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%