Filling A Sheet Cake

Baking By JediMasterMommy Updated 21 Apr 2019 , 10:51pm by kakeladi

JediMasterMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JediMasterMommy Posted 21 Apr 2019 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm a complete novice. I have a child with food allergies, which means I have to bake for every birthday (hers and others). She's having a birthday party soon and I'm tying to figure out the best way to fill a half sheet cake:

1. Torte the cake and have thinner layers, with the filling in between?

2. Bake two half sheet cakes and stack for thicker layers, with the filling in between?

Also, I'm doing a pineapple filling, using preserves. Should I:

A. Line the cake with a thin layer of frosting first

B. Mix the preserves with frosting

C. Just put the preserves straight on the cake?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2019 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 4

For a novice you say you are I suggest baking 2 layers for ease of handling  - they can each be thin or smaller like two 9x13s   That will give you close to the same #  of servings   The lgr thin ones might be a bit of a problem handling if you haven’t done so before   As for filling you can use

kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2019 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 4

Well darn hit wrong key:(   Use the filling as you wish   I’ve used it straight & mixed w/b’cream - guess it depends how “strong ‘ you want it to taste   I never did put b’cream on before adding but I know some people  - depends on how “runny” your filling is  but make it very thin like smear on then scrape it almost all off :)   Oh & make a dam of b/c around  the edge 1st  to hold it from leaking out   

kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2019 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 4

Need more information don’t hesitate to post   If you can’t get it to post here as an answer just start a new post  w/ reference to this one   We all understand 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%