Flipping An 11”X 15” Cake?

Decorating By BCBB Updated 19 Apr 2019 , 4:26pm by -K8memphis

BCBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCBB Posted 19 Apr 2019 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 3

I end up baking an 11 x 15 cake once very few years, so every time it’s a challenge. I’m baking one today. When it is on the cooling rack, it will be right side up. How do I flip the cake over, so that I can then flip it again onto the cake board? I’ll be wiring two cooling racks together for size, so I don’t see how I’ll be able to flip the cake! Help!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2019 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 3

1st off make sure it is level before you flip it out of the pan   I let mine cool about 10-15 minuets then place the pan back over it and turn it back into the pan then put the cake board on top of the pan and turn it so the cake now ends up bottom side up on the board   Hope you can follow that:)   I certainly understand using   2 cooling racks together— makes it a bit harder to accomplish 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2019 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 3

invest in a foam core board, cut it in half — sandwich the cake in between and flip — if you need extra security — wrap it with plastic wrap to hold it together before twirling the cake baton —

i also cover the top of the cake (not around the pan just on top of the cake) with a plastic before flipping so i can keep the board/rack clean and so it will peal off cleanly — 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%