Sugar Syrup

Baking By Hoxtonbabe Updated 13 Apr 2019 , 3:36pm by SandraSmiley

Hoxtonbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hoxtonbabe Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

so I’m not a fan of using sugar syrup but my chocolate cakes and I are no friends and I can never always get it right in the same way I can with my vanilla sponge, etcso now I’ve reluctantly decided to use on my chocolate sponges. I want to keep it to a minimum as I don’t want to end up with a overly sweet sticky soaked mess.

I’ve read that spraying it on as soon as it’s out the oven is a good way rather than drizzling as the spray goes in lightly and evenly. Has anyone else tried it this way and how has it turned out?

many  thanks 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think you get much on that way so that might be what you're after -- I usually used a squirt bottle, sometimes a brush -- but the syrup equalizes itself out -- so it all balances -- you never notice one spot having more than another

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Apr 2019 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

Personally, I think if your chocolate cake requires sugar syrup, you need a different recipe.  I use two chocolate recipes most of the time and both are super moist without the addition of syrup.  My scratch recipe is Hersey's Perfectly Chocolate, which is so soft and moist that I only use it for single tier cakes.  For stacked cakes or carving, I use *Original* WASC recipe, chocolate version.  Both are delicious.

https://www.hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/hersheys-perfectly-chocolate-chocolate-cake.html

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Apr 2019 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%