3-Tier Wedding Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By ajclucas Updated 8 Apr 2019 , 7:40pm by KatyN

ajclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajclucas Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 4

I'm still working on my cream cheese frosting cake.  If I were to put buttercream between the layers of a 3-tiered cake and then decorate the outside with cream cheese frosting, would it hold up better than putting cream cheese between the layers, also?  Would it taste ok?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 4

Many decorators, especially here on this site, are recommending the use of white balsamic vinegar &/or cr ch flavoring/extract in place of actually using real cr ch. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

taste should be fine anyhow you do it -- but the problem with cc frosting is that it quickly becomes hazardous -- wedding cake is meant to be left out as the focal point of the reception -- and the clock runs down quickly on the cream cheese and it becomes hazardous -- effecting infants, elderly and the infirm first -- that's why so many of us can say: well I left this cake out all night and we ate it nobody got sick and it didn't mold -- the hazardous part is invisible and starts reproducing bacteria at an unsafe level after being out of temp  a short time -- shorter than the average wedding cake is left out --

you can add a lorann cream cheese flavor to regular buttercream or use this:

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream

KatyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatyN Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 4

If someone requests cream cheese frosting I do it between the layers as well.

I’d check and make sure the cake can be refrigerated and pulled out just before it’s needed for photos and slicing as cream cheese isn’t as stable as buttercream.

food luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%