Total Failure

Baking By MadDogCakes Updated 8 Apr 2019 , 12:19pm by Freckles0829

MadDogCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadDogCakes Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 4

Friday night I finished a baby shower cake and I was so unhappy with how it turned out. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and it was too late to start over. Also, the cake was picked up by the customer and it had to travel two hours to the venue.   I haven't heard from the customer to know if it survived the trip and if they hated it just as much as I did :/  The worst part is that it was for a co-worker so I'm dreading facing her grimacing

Has anyone dealt with this issue and if so, what did you do?  

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 4

Oh hon been there done that several times   I know how you feel   If they took it &did’nt say “how horrible   Now stop worrying &  en it is”  then you have nothing to worry about   For the most part once a cake leaves w/the customer it’s no longer your problem    Hopefully you advised them where to put it for the safest ride 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 4

Keep in mind that most people do not see cakes the same way we do.  If it is a cute cake, all they see is cute, not a less than perfect finish or if it is a pretty cake, only we will ever notice that one side is slightly lower than the other.  You did the very best you could and that is all you can ask of yourself.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 8 Apr 2019 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 4

You will always be your worst critic.  I did a cake recently that I just was not happy with.  It just wasn't as clean and crisp as I like them to be but in the end the customer loved it and her son, even though loves cake, didn't want to cut into it.  So even though I could point out about 100 things that looked horrible to me, to them it was wonderful.  

As for what to do, unless you cake an angry phone call from the customer, there really isn't anything to do but move on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%