Baking With Blondie - Recipe Book - Entirely Wasc!

Baking By The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Updated 6 Apr 2019 , 10:42pm by The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 11

Hey loves,

Anyone had a chance to look at Baking With Blondies' recipe book? 

I found her on Instagram and her website was a useful tool when getting a few ideas for WASC variations, she does her own version of the original. 

I'd be really interested to hear what the book was like and if anyone felt it was a useful tool to invest in!

Imogen <3

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 11

I would dare say there are more free recipes and advice on here -- no I would not recommend buying that

-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 11

the copyright on the website you're asking about is 2019 -- this page, cake central, has been here for over eleven years -- I alone have participated in over 10,000 posts which is 334 full pages of posts -- not to mention a couple thousand I deleted some years ago --

and that's just me -- there are zillions of people contributing here -- 

no that blondie thing is not at all in any way worth eight bucks for a kindle book --- mmmno

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 12:46am
post #4 of 11

Well said, -K8memphis!  I've been baking since I was a little girl and I've learned more than I can list from you, Lynne and others on this site. 

-K8memphis Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 2:16am
post #5 of 11

thank you, sandra

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 5:49am
post #6 of 11

If you have taken the time to read the entire post I have on the *original* WASC  recipe you would find many different ways to change up the flavors without having to change the recipe   Many have added their flavors, suggestions, & very helpful tips  — so why would you need to spend $$ for a book?  

SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 11

Ditto what kakeladi said.  I change it up all the time.

Elizabeth68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth68 Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 1:33am
post #8 of 11

Has anyone adjusted the WASC recipe using the new size cake mix boxes?  Thanks!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 1:44am
post #9 of 11

I have:)   I have used those smaller ones with NO changes to the recipe  with no problem  Others suggest buying one extra box of white mix &adding from that 3oz more to each recipe   Using white will not change the flavors—it’s such a small amount 

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 2:05am
post #10 of 11

I usually do add the extra mix because I want it to be as sturdy as possible, but have also made it with the new size box without adding additional mix and it worked fine.  I add 1/2 cup from a second box of cake mix of the same type.  For instance, if I am making chocolate cake, I buy two chocolate cake mixes and use one whole box and an additional 1/2 cup from the second box to adjust for the weight change.

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks everyone, figured that would be the advice! I love the original WASC so no real desire to change it up! Thanks again!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%