Cakesicles

Business By CakesiclesCo Updated 1 Apr 2019 , 2:36pm by cakefan92

CakesiclesCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesiclesCo Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 4:03am
post #1 of 11

CakesiclesCakesicles How much can I charge for these cakesicles? And how much to gift box with a mirror board (cost price is $3 for mirror and $2 for box)? They come with a card describing them: 

Deluxe cakesicles filled with moist chocolate cake and coated in chocolate.

Finished with metallic garnish/ 23k edible gold leaf.

Bon apetit!

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 4:17am
post #2 of 11

Guess you’re going to have to figure out how much you have in the cake,gold chocolate etc   In other words how much does it cost to make each ‘sicle or per dz — adding up all costs   My uneducated guess is in the neighborhood of  $3 or $4 each   You have a unique item   Don’t sell yourself short!  

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 11

Agree with Kakeladi...$24 per box?

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 11

They look lovely. Are they made like cake pops or shaped cake? Not sure I could eat that much cake pop. Sorry no idea about pricing. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 11

at least $75 per box -- looks like something worthy to put some cbd or marijuana in to sell for even more -- without the adult concoctions added you couldn't go wrong with $99 per box --

unless the black is food color -- if the black is black chocolate that's cool -- but black food color there is a negative --

but otherwise they are quite lovely -- haute couture 

-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 11

I think I would want to shoot them with some kind of additional choco, caramel, nutiness or fruitiness inside as well -- like lovely bon bons

-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 11

how big is the box? that will give an idea of the size of the delectables -- and leave room for them to be able to hold the handle -- I think one pearl and the handle being gold might be cool too -- although you didn't ask blush I hope the pearls are easily edible too

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 11

You know with such a unique product what K8 said is probably closer to the right  price    It also depends on where you are located .  Someplace like NYC will be able to charge much more than say Rural Kansas    Have you checked the price of a slice of cake in an upscale restaurant lately?  Upwards of $5-6 at least 

-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2019 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 11

but honestly -- (please brace for more unrequested advice blush) I think a pretty gold or silver color board in there would be just as impactful and more cost efficient too -- what do they do with the mirror after they eat the goodies -- but the mirror is cool too --

it's really pretty and unexpected and very cool -- very imaginative, creative and artsy +1

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 1 Apr 2019 , 2:36pm
post #11 of 11

I agree with k8 that these should be upwards of $10  - $12 each, depending on the ingredients.  However -- and please don't think I'm criticizing - - I was looking at your new pic of the white version.  If you're going to charge what these are worth, they have to be absolutely perfect.  I'm thinking these in your pics are for practice or display, but I noticed the beads aren't completely covered and they have feet on them from the dipping. 

Altogether though, an impressive presentation and certainly unique and high-end.  Way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%