Frosting

Decorating By PmelDono Updated 26 Mar 2019 , 7:50pm by cakefan92

PmelDono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PmelDono Posted 26 Mar 2019 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 4

How much Sugar do you have to put in the buttercream frosting? As much as I love cake, I don't really like it too sweet, but how do you get that balance without your buttercream turning into an oozy failure? :( 

Dear ladies/gents who commented in my first post, thank you all for your advice. I take them all to heart. 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2019 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 4

Having the right recipe will make it better   Try “2 of everything “ recipe in the recipe section of this site   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2019 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 4

Here's the link to that recipe:   https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing

Other than that there also are reipes for Ermine frosting (aka as cooked flour icing); Italian Buttercream; Swiss Buttercream on this site.  You can do a search on here or use something like google.    The latter two SBC & IBC) taste to me like eating a straight stick of butter but we all have different taste buds and they might appeal to you.   

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 26 Mar 2019 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 4

I always dissolve about 1/4 tsp of salt in just a little hot water and add to my buttercream.  It cuts the sicky-sweet taste but other than that you can't tell it's there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%