Help I Overbaked My Cake

Baking By Naty Updated 20 Mar 2019 , 4:20pm by Naty

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 1:19am
post #1 of 5

So i baked 2 - 6 × 3 cakes. One came out beautifully golden. The other one way darker. I cant taste the layers because they are for a client. Im assuming the darker one is not too dried out because of overbaking it. So now how can i salvage the darker layer? I was thinking if cutting off the outer layer but im afraid i will have too many crumbs and it will be hard to apply the frosting. Maybe freezing it so it would be easier to cut off the darker areas? Sorry i dont know if im explaining it right. Im really stuck and need this cake frosted by tomorrow. Please any help is appreciated. Thank you

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 1:40am
post #2 of 5

You can try a simple syrup spray Its just a mix of sugar and water Flavors can be added if you want As for cutting the edges & crumbs — that’s what a crumb coat is for

Naty Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 2:19am
post #3 of 5

Thank you kakeladi! I get so stressed out over these things

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 4:41am
post #4 of 5

I’ve heard that if a cake is over baked it probably will be tasteless but I think in your case it will be ok especially if you add some flavor the same as the cake like vanilla for a white cake or strawberry or whatever I suggest you have your oven checked as it sounds like it has a hot spot or the temp is off

Naty Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%