Help With Decorating Timeline...please

Decorating By Naty Updated 17 Mar 2019 , 9:31pm by Naty

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 17 Mar 2019 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 3

Hi. Making a 6" cake and cupcakes for an event Thursday night. The weekday thing is throwing me off b/c i have to work and cant take off to work on the cakes. So i plan to make icing (wilton 1/2 butter - 1/2 shortening) today, bake Tuesday, and frost Wednesday.

Can i frost the cupcakes Wednesday night and leave them out till Thursday night without spoiling? (They dont fit in my fridge)

I can frost the cake and put in fridge b/c i have room for that. If i do, when should i take it out of the fridge? and wont the cake get hard?

Any suggestions will help.

Thank you!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Mar 2019 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 3

..........Can i frost the cupcakes Wednesday night and leave them out till Thursday night without spoiling?......   Certanly :)  No problem                                       .............can frost the cake and put in fridge ........ If i do, when should i take it out of the fridge? and wont the cake get hard? ...............   The cake can stay out if the filling does not need to be frig'd or you can frig the cake as you wish.  The cake will not dry out/get hard because the icing seals in the moisture but  If this is a scratch cake there are different rules :(  I don't remember the difference but maybe someone like K8 will jump in here and let you know.  Box mixes no problem. 

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 17 Mar 2019 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%