Straight Lines!

Decorating By sabash Updated 16 Mar 2019 , 12:41pm by maggie1956

sabash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabash Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 9:06am
post #1 of 6

Hey all,

I'm wondering how to attach straight lines/ribbons of fondant onto a cake. Every time I've tried, they're always slightly wonky.

I'm planning on making a geometric pattern with strips of fondant. Maybe if I attach a picture, I'll be able to explain better. I'm looking for super straight, neat lines but they always end up a little curvy.

Thanks for all the help, always! heart

5 replies
sabash Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 9:10am
post #2 of 6

Straight Lines!

sabash Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 9:11am
post #3 of 6

Something like that!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 6

Never having tried that I suggest using a ruler to help keep them straight   Not sure w/the lines so intersecting 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

You could use a flat ribbon, like grosgrain, to mark the lines.  They would curve around the cake nicely but still be straight.  Or, you could fold a piece of parchment paper to do the same thing.  If you make models, you probably have tools with a flat tip which you can use to straighten the lines, once applied to the cake.  If you don't have modeling tools, you can use a flat knife blade to straighten up any waves.

maggie1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie1956 Posted 16 Mar 2019 , 12:41pm
post #6 of 6

use modeling chocolate, after u roll it to the thickness u want , let it set on the counter for a few minutes then cut the stripes with a ruler and sharp blade , the stripes will stay straight and will not curve

good luck 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%