Dulce De Leche With Blue / Pink?

Decorating By Naty Updated 15 Mar 2019 , 3:02am by -K8memphis

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 1:43am
post #1 of 2

Hello. I have been asked to make cupcakes for baby shower. The Mom-to-be wants dulce de leche (like caramel) with vanilla cupcake. No problem, i can do vanilla cake and fill it with dulce the leche. The problem is she wants the colors blue and pink. So...thinking of adding more flavor by doing a dulce the leche frosting which would turn the frosting beige-ish i guess depending on how much dulce de leche i add to the frosting. BUT my issue is the blue / pink. Thinking of doing sprinkles but dont like the blue / pink over beige frosting.

Any ideas???? 

Thanks

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Mar 2019 , 3:02am
post #2 of 2

so are you filling them with the dulce de leche as well as icing them with it? I mean if that's what she wanted -- why not -- I sure didn't like every cake I did -- I just did what was requested --

I think if you use blue and pink muffin wrappers -- it will work -- and you might want to refresh the color of the muffin wrapper by adding another fresh one after baking -- if the color washes out during baking --

you could top the icing with a white glaze but that's a lot of un-necessary extra work -- or you could do a white swirl all over the top then do the sprinkles -- or a blue and pink swirl --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%