Lots And Lots Of Questions!- I’M Sorry (X

Baking By Jennyboo Updated 12 Mar 2019 , 1:57am by kakeladi

Jennyboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennyboo Posted 9 Mar 2019 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! So I’m just starting my baking business, honestly didn’t prepare much because I didn’t think I was going to get to many orders right away but I was wrong. I’ve got about 12 really big orders the next two months & almost all of them are within the same few days of each other. Big mistake on my part but now I know to watch my scheduling better. 

The good part about this is that since they are all bunched together I have a week or so in between orders so I can premake a lot of stuff & toss them in the freezer until pick up. 

My questions are 

1. How long do sugar cookies last on the counter? Can you freeze baked & iced sugar cookies with royal icing? If so how long do they stay “fresh” & how do I defrost  

2. How far ahead can I make cake pops? I’m wary about freezing them because I don’t want the chocolate to crack so I was thinking fridge or air tight container 

3. How long do frosted cup cakes last on the counter? Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? Again if so how do I defrost without liners separating? 

Bonus question!! 

Where do all you professional bakers buy your cake boxes/boards? I’ve looked on amazon & I feel like I can find them cheaper. I also doctor my cake mixes since I have zero luck with scratch (Trust me I have tried & it broke my heart throwing away 6 bone dry cakes) does anyone know where you can buy in bulk? I want to be able to save money where I can right now since my budget is pretty low, but I also want good quality. Also, cute decoration stores online? 

Thanks in advance and I’m sorry for all the random questions!

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Mar 2019 , 12:24am
post #2 of 3

bump

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2019 , 1:57am
post #3 of 3

If you are using royal to ice you cuppies you must not be in the USA so most of our advice would probably not apply.    I have made cakepops as much asd a week - 10 days in advance and kept them at room temp.  An air tight container sounds perfect.   Your ?#3:  It probably would depend on the recipe you use.  I'm guessing not more than 3 days, if that.  I would fz them.  If the liners loosen, just slip it in a new liner. 

......... I also doctor my cake mixes since I have zero luck with scratch (Trust me I have tried & it broke my heart throwing away 6 bone dry cakes........

Ah, another after my own heart.  Exactly why I use mixes.  I hope you are using my *original* WASC recipe - you can't go wrong with it :)      Sorry I don't remember the name of the company I bought 50# bags of mix from but look up resturant supply places. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%