How To Store A Cake?

Baking By Jennyboo Updated 6 Mar 2019 , 4:17pm by SandraSmiley

Jennyboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennyboo Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I saw a lot of you make your cakes about three days in advance. I’m wondering where you put them while you wait for decoration day? I’ve been making my cakes day of/night before but it would be wonderful if I could make a head of time as I’m getting busier

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 5

I put mine filled and not frosted in the freezer -- i wrap them like mummies -- twice in plastic wrap them i slide them into the Reynolds cooking bags -- can be made earlier than three days -- then when I take them out I keep them fridged as I ice and decorate -- in and out the fridge -- does relieve some stress that way blush

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 5

but initially I just make enough icing in order to fill the cakes -- then I make a fresh batch (smbc)  when i'm icing so the vanilla and butter retain the most flavor -- and aroma

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Mar 2019 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 5

Freezing helps cakes retain its moisture by spreading it throughout   As K8 said wrap them up well   I don’t do as much wrapping as she does if it’s only for a couple of days  I just pop it in a plastic bag:)   Of course if it’s for more than a week I’ll wrap more   I prefer ABC so can make it weeks ahead   Store in frig until the night before using then give it a good stir   Lots of decorations can be made ahead also- a week or more when stored in a cake box or plastic bag 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Mar 2019 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 5

Ditto, I do the same as my cake heroes above!  If it is more than one day, I freeze the cakes, sometimes straight from the pans, sometimes filled and crumb coated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%