Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling For Tiered Cake - Recipe Needed

Baking By anonymous1 Updated 11 Apr 2019 , 3:21pm by anonymous1

anonymous1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anonymous1 Posted 24 Feb 2019 , 2:48am
post #1 of 15

Hey,

So I was asked to make a Raspberry cream cheese filling for a cake later this month. I have never made it before and so I was wondering if any of you guys have an easy recipe. I don't want the filling to be too runny because this will be a tiered cake. 

Could I put raspberry jam on the cake and then put  a cream cheese mixture(cream cheese+whipped cream) on top? Or should  I  mix the two and then put it?

I prefer something with raspberry jam. 

Let me know your thoughts and if you like the taste of raspberry cream cheese filling

Thank you sooooo much for all your help!

14 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Feb 2019 , 4:33am
post #2 of 15

I've never heard of raspberry cream cheese filling.  If I had to try and invent it, I would mix raspberry jam with cream cheese frosting and maybe some raspberry extract just to boost the flavor.  It would probably be wise to make a dam out of a strong buttercream (without cream cheese) to be sure it doesn't leak.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Feb 2019 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 15

I suggest the same :)

anonymous1 Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 1:31am
post #4 of 15

Thanks

so for the buttercream should be just butter+confectioners sugar+flavoring?

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 1:50am
post #5 of 15

Yes, and if need be, enough liquid (water, milk, juice, cream), added one tablespoon at a time, to achieve the correct consistency.  For your dam, it should be thicker than what is used for frosting the cake, about the same as for piping flowers.

anonymous1 Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 1:57am
post #6 of 15

Okay, Thank you so much 

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 1:59am
post #7 of 15

You are very welcome.  Best of luck to you.

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 4:00am
post #8 of 15

I have not tried it, but here is a recipe that had a five star rating.

https://www.handletheheat.com/raspberry-chocolate-cupcakes/

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 15

this cake will have to be kept cold or it will become hazardous within four hours of being out of temp -- no, of course no one would probably die if they ate it at 5 hours out of temp but the first to get sick would be the very youngest and the very oldest as well as those that are already ill -- 

there is another type of bc icing that tastes like cream cheese icing but you would probably have to pitch it to your client if you used it for this -- doesnot require refrigeration and tastes just like it

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Feb 2019 , 4:31am
post #10 of 15

I completely agree, -K8memphis and LorAnn makes a cream cheese emulsion that I use a lot too.  Add a tablespoon of that to your recipe and I bet you could not tell it from the real thing, without requiring refrigeration.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2019 , 2:29pm
post #11 of 15

good one, sandra -- real cream cheese icing is very difficult to handle safely for a big event -- i'd tell my brides that the cake "will be delivered late on purpose and to serve it asap"

anonymous1 Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 3:34am
post #12 of 15

Thank you so much for all your help. 

So I made a dam with the buttercream (American BC with some White chocolate pudding)

Then, I put raspberry jam on the cake. Then I put a creamcheese+whippedcream mixture on the jam. The cake turned out great. It was stable because I refrigerated it and it was a butter cake with buttercream frosting.

Thanks.

SandraSmiley Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 2:56pm
post #13 of 15

It sounds delicious, anonymous1!  Woohoo, congrats on a great job!

-K8memphis Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 4:08pm
post #14 of 15

sounds delicious --

just gently and for the record -- your cake wasn't actually stable it was hazardous which is not a bad thing in and of itself -- it just means it has to be handled very carefully -- because the cream cheese/whipped cream combo breeds bacteria and rapidly multiplies -- and for going forward I'd recommend that you advise the client that the cake needs to be kept refrigerated -- 

but it sounds beyond lovely good!

anonymous1 Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 3:21pm
post #15 of 15

Yeah, I let her know to keep it in the fridge until before serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%