Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 20 Feb 2019 , 8:52pm by Laetia

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 16 Feb 2019 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 23

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I hope everyone had a nice week.  It was a crazy busy one for me and is why I'm late getting this going. I'll post pictures tomorrow as today is a belated birthday supper my for my boyfriend's son.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to ☺

Kelly

22 replies
Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 16 Feb 2019 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 23

Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19 Every year at work we have this "secret Valentines game". Since I'm off work for a few months I did not play this year, but my boyfriend sub-contracted his gift making to me. (We work in the same place) So I made a few cupcakes for him to give as a secret Valentines gift. Love this game, it brings smile and happyness all day long!

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:43am
post #3 of 23

As per normal, I took on quite a bit this week.  I made a 30th birthday cake for Monday.  The birthday girl was born on Valentine's day so her family wanted that reflected in the cake along with that she is a hockey mom, plays softball and likes boating.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the final design but they loved it. The boat was drawn with edible marker as was the hockey mom logo. All details are fondant.

Next up were Valentine's day cookies. This year I decided to go with boxes of mixed flavors that were all simple in design but looked nice together. I did raspberry linzer cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms (that really spread out) with a Reese peanut butter heart.

Also for Valentine's day I made a cake for the Chemistry Club to raffle off.  It was a cocoa banana cake with chocolate buttercream between the layers and then vanilla buttercream on the outside with candy pearls and a wafer paper bow. It was based on a design by Ashley Holt (Sugar Monster).

Because that wasn't enough, I also baked four flavors of cupcakes for a Valentine's day bake sale for the SPCA. They were chai latte, maraschino cherry, death by Oreo and cocoa banana cupcakes.

Last up this week was a belated birthday cake for Craig's son.  We celebrated his birthday today.  He loves tacos and so I made him a taco cake. The taco shell is modeling chocolate, the hamburger is Reese clusters, the tomato is Nibs, the lettuce is wafer paper, the cheese is candy melts and the sour cream is whipping cream. It was a fun one to make ☺.

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:47am
post #4 of 23

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:48am
post #5 of 23

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:49am
post #6 of 23

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:50am
post #7 of 23

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:51am
post #8 of 23

kstevens Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:52am
post #9 of 23

@Laetia your cupcakes are beautiful!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 3:12am
post #10 of 23

@Laetia your cupcakes are truly beautiful.

Kelly wow beautiful work as always. Your flavors sound amazing.  Love the valentine cake and the taco were my favorites.

I made simple cakes this weekend for my niece and nephew 4th birthday. 

I also made cupcakes for a friend’s birthday. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 6:41am
post #11 of 23

Everyone did a great job this week!! I especially like all of the cupcakes, I will have to try some of those designs.

Laetia Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 1:35pm
post #12 of 23

Wow, so much beautiful creations!

@kstevens what a week for you!  I can't believe you did all that while having an other day job and everything. Do you sleep at night? Your Valentines day cake if beautiful. I cant believe the bow is wafer paper. I thought it was a real one.

@Marian64 lots of work for you too! Love the cupcakes. May I ask what brand of food colorant you're using? Your purple is so bold and vibrant. Beautiful. My wilton violet gel always seems kinda greyish...

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 2:15pm
post #13 of 23

Cookies (not my strong point...not sure how people make 36 of the SAME decorated cookie without losing their minds!)

simple cake pops for a half-birthday (aaaah...elementary school..)

aannnd- it’s king cake season, baby!!

Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19Friday Night Cake Club For 02/15/19

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 8:12pm
post #14 of 23

@MerMadeBakeGoods I am with you on the cookies. However yours look really good.

@Laetia I am not sure what shade it was as I used it all and threw away the bottle. It was Squeeze Gel color by Sunny Side Up Bakery. I bought it at Hobby Lobby. I am sure it was the only purple shade they had.

Laetia Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 3:01pm
post #15 of 23

@MerMadeBakedGoods your cookies look great! Don't be too hard on yourself. And I love your pops, simple yet bright and fun. Those kids are lucky.

Thanks @Marian64 I'll have a look for it online. There is no Hobby Lobby around here.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 23

Thanks @Laetia and @Marian64 :)

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 5:06pm
post #17 of 23

I had a friend contact me last week to provide some cupcakes for their daughters first birthday.  It was mermaid themed.  I also made the cupcake wrappers and toppers via my Cricut.  Not the best pictures due to poor lighting and me rushing to get things done.

Laetia Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 6:07pm
post #18 of 23

@Freckles0829 your cupcakes are so pretty! Love them

kstevens Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 6:33pm
post #19 of 23

@Marian64 your cakes are really cute and love the color and piping on your cupcakes!  I must try doing the different flowers on one cupcake like that.

@Laetia there are times when I feel like sleep is an option I don't have. lol  Thankfully this is a slow term for me at the university so I can head in to work a little later than usual if I need some extra zzz's.  The wafer paper bow was really very easy to make.  I wasn't going to bother with it but I'm glad I did as it needed a little something else.  I put it together in just a few minutes before I headed out the door.

@MerMadeBakedGoods your cookies turned out great as did your cake pops!  I've never had a king cake, only ever see photos of them.

@Freckles0829 I love the colors of your icing on the cupcakes and the toppers & wrappers turned out really nice as well.  I have toyed with the idea of getting a Cricut but not sure how much I would actually use it.

Great work everyone!  Hope you have a nice week :-)

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 6:44pm
post #20 of 23

@kstevens I don't use my Cricut nearly enough but it is nice to have for random craft ideas that I get on a Friday night or in this instance, last minute cupcake toppers and wrappers.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 10:55am
post #21 of 23

Wow, everyone's been so busy! Love all of the cakes - I think the taco is my favourite but I love all the loved up Valentines stuff too   :)

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 12:47pm
post #22 of 23

I've had a few expos back to back recently so have used the same dummy cakes for all three expos. For the most recent one, though, I got hold of some bleached fern from Japan and combined it with dried spray roses that were left over from the first expo. I love the aged look the whole cake has.

Laetia Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 8:52pm
post #23 of 23

Gorgeous cake @me_me1 !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%