Cakes That Didn't Turn Out

Decorating By thecanadian160 Updated 13 Feb 2019 , 1:10pm by jchuck

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 11 Feb 2019 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone here that have a cake that didn't go quite as planned? I just did a blue ruffle cake that I cant stand to look at. It is not terrible but just something seems a bit off to me. I had never done a ruffle cake using strips before and I don't think I got the technique quite down until I was half way down the cake. 

Cakes That Didn't Turn Out

7 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 11 Feb 2019 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 8

So many times! But the mistakes fade from memory over time and no-one else can see them. 

Your ruffle cake looks lovely to me. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Feb 2019 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 8

As you said it is not bad   To me it starts to dark   I’m sure the customer will be happy with it 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 11 Feb 2019 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 8

Ruffles look fine to me. I don’t particularly like the stark differences in colour between the ruffles. But as kakeladi posted, I’m sure the customer will pleased with it.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Feb 2019 , 12:14am
post #5 of 8

Well, I for one, love that the ruffles go from dark navy to white.  I guess I am a little dramatic, lol.  Like everyone else, I can't see a thing wrong with it.  You are probably suffering from ruffle overload, after applying that many!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 12 Feb 2019 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 8

I like it too, I can't see why you don't to be honest.

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 13 Feb 2019 , 1:32am
post #7 of 8

Thank you all for the positive feedback.  I'm sure it was my OCD that got the best of me, or it could be that I have gone a little stir crazy not being able to get out of the house (we have gotten over 2 foot of snow the last week and a half). The customer absolutely loved the cake and was even more amazed that I braved the snow storm to get it to her. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 13 Feb 2019 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 8

thecanadian160

So glad you’re customer was pleased, that’s the most important critic. Stay warm...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%