Cakes That Didn't Turn Out

Decorating By thecanadian160 Updated 3 days ago by jchuck

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 5 days ago
post #1 of 8

Anyone here that have a cake that didn't go quite as planned? I just did a blue ruffle cake that I cant stand to look at. It is not terrible but just something seems a bit off to me. I had never done a ruffle cake using strips before and I don't think I got the technique quite down until I was half way down the cake. 

Cakes That Didn't Turn Out

7 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 5 days ago
post #2 of 8

So many times! But the mistakes fade from memory over time and no-one else can see them. 

Your ruffle cake looks lovely to me. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 days ago
post #3 of 8

As you said it is not bad   To me it starts to dark   I’m sure the customer will be happy with it 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 4 days ago
post #4 of 8

Ruffles look fine to me. I don’t particularly like the stark differences in colour between the ruffles. But as kakeladi posted, I’m sure the customer will pleased with it.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 days ago
post #5 of 8

Well, I for one, love that the ruffles go from dark navy to white.  I guess I am a little dramatic, lol.  Like everyone else, I can't see a thing wrong with it.  You are probably suffering from ruffle overload, after applying that many!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 4 days ago
post #6 of 8

I like it too, I can't see why you don't to be honest.

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 3 days ago
post #7 of 8

Thank you all for the positive feedback.  I'm sure it was my OCD that got the best of me, or it could be that I have gone a little stir crazy not being able to get out of the house (we have gotten over 2 foot of snow the last week and a half). The customer absolutely loved the cake and was even more amazed that I braved the snow storm to get it to her. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 3 days ago
post #8 of 8

thecanadian160

So glad you’re customer was pleased, that’s the most important critic. Stay warm...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%