Email Portfolio Pictures

Business By CalaMom Updated 14 Feb 2019 , 2:18pm by CalaMom

CalaMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalaMom Posted 8 Feb 2019 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 12

Good evening all,

Since great advice is always given out here (thank you so much-you don’t know how many times my a** has been saved with the help from you all) I figured I’d jump on here (not that I haven’t been lurking all day-when I could laughing) and ask another question.

So I had applied for several local bakeries when I haven’t been at my day job in hopes of gaining employment somewhere for more experience as well as a possibly career change (even if it means taking a pay cut). I love and believe in the mission of my day job but I’d love it waay more if it was just doing the ACTUAL job itself and appreciate the  OTJ training for something that otherwise I’d have either shelled out the money for or entirely never received. However-even tho I jnew going into the interview that it was mobile/including traveling-was sold the “work/home balance” (lie...I have been there since November and can EASILY go an entire week with seeing my family AWAKE for a cumulative 1hour a week). Along with some other red flags within the company/chapter/district. Mostly I’m unhappy with the hours and how specific things are run at my place of business.....the goal is to stay a year at least but unsure if I’ll be able to do it without majorly sacrificing anyone and everyone I hold dear. :( 

Anyway...I threw out a few applications/resumes to see what came back/keep my options somewhat open...still keeping the goal of staying a year at least at my day job. Unfortunately, another reason for looking is that “they” have a proven track record of not “working” with people who have other part time jobs/going back to school. So if it came down to it I would probably resign with notice if another comparable position was offered. 

Some local bakeries offered an interview and requested portfolio pictures, some did not. I unfortunately could not go to any of the ones so far that have. But I got an email for one earlier today asking availability and I’ll have two days off during the week (one day scheduled, but they’re closed..the other day Bc I’m calling out (daughter has an appointment that I HAVE to be to and Dad can’t take her). So not really an issue there. They also asked me for portfolio pictures. Which after this longer than I wanted explanation brings me to.

They sent me 3 different email addresses (dumb question that I just thought of) which do I send them to? Two seem like business addresses one seems like a personal one? I planned on sending it to the first one (for the business).For those of you who  have hired for you shop, would that be okay or would my email get lost in the numerous cake request emails? Also how many should I send in an email or even in my “new” portfolio? (I also planned on redoing mine since my kids got to my old one so I needed to redo it anyway since I’m missing half my pictures

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 12:46am
post #2 of 12

send to all of the email addresses at once time -- hope you get it!! and it's a great place to work

CalaMom Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 1:07am
post #3 of 12

Me too. It would be 10 mins from my house earlier hours (wouldn’t be able to send the kids to school not get them up for it-but they’re self proficient with it anyways ....boys

CalaMom Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 1:09am
post #4 of 12

Also I’ve kinda interviewed with them before. It was let August before school started. Would that work out? Is that a good thing that they’ve wanted to AT LEAST interviewed me twice? I mean I COMPLETELY TANKED with my day job-but I have a whole other theory with that one.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 12

sure it is! fingers crossed for you blush

CalaMom Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks k8!

CalaMom Posted 9 Feb 2019 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 12

I sent the email. I went back over my flikr and got rid of the pics I was never really happy with/ duplicates and cleaned that up, along with once again going over my resume..even tho she didn't ask for that this time. I also gave her my flikr link and attached 10 photos of my "evolution"/better cakes that I have done over the years. Told her I was available anytime tomorrow and Monday- but I don't think theyre even open on Mondays..as well as Tuesday morning before 10 am for an interview. As well as noting that if none of those times worked, that we could work something else out  with her availability. 

Now we play the waiting game..... *sigh*.

-K8memphis Posted 10 Feb 2019 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 12

please update when you hear something

CalaMom Posted 10 Feb 2019 , 8:40pm
post #9 of 12

Will do. Thanks!

CalaMom Posted 14 Feb 2019 , 1:11pm
post #10 of 12

Update...I emailed her again this morning because I hadn’t heard anything. Just asking if she needed anything else or if there was anything I could do for her. Yeah didn’t get it :/ oh well on to the next one? 

-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2019 , 2:14pm
post #11 of 12

you are probably making more money where you are -- no great loss -- best to you

CalaMom Posted 14 Feb 2019 , 2:18pm
post #12 of 12

That’s true.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%