What Happened To My Chocolate? Help!

Baking By dmoro94 Updated 7 Feb 2019 , 3:06am by thecanadian160

dmoro94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmoro94 Posted 7 Feb 2019 , 1:48am
post #1 of 4

I just opened a brand new bag of ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers, melted them, put them in the mold, and when it was completely dried (not in the refrigerator) it looked cloudy brown in something spots. I tried the same thing again but placed it In the fridge- same thing happened. Please help! Can this chocolate be fixed? Are these not good chocolates? I usually use Wilton brand but I hate the flavor of them so I switched. I attached a photo of the chocolate.

thanks!!

What Happened To My Chocolate? Help!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2019 , 2:54am
post #2 of 4

that looks like bloom where the choco got out of temper and that's the cocoa butter -- it just need to be re-tempered

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2019 , 2:55am
post #3 of 4

like did you get it too hot when you were melting it -- or maybe before you bought it if got too hot or something

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 7 Feb 2019 , 3:06am
post #4 of 4

Looks like you got the chocolate to hot. Did you use a double boiler or did you melt it in the microwave? Personally, I like using the microwave- I find it a little more forgiving. As far as the chocolate goes I use Lindt 78 or 85% Cacao. I find that it has a good snap and dries with a nice sheen, its a bit pricey though. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%