What Brand Gold Luster Dust Do You Use?

Decorating By dream_cakes15 Updated 5 Feb 2019 , 12:40am by Nanas.sweet.treats

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

I am in search of a super gold luster dust. I was using Rolkem for awhile but stopped after they had changed their formula cause now the shade looks more like an antique gold. 

I’m hoping I could find a dust that is similar to the original formula. Please let me know what kind of brand you use and where I can purchase it. Thank you! Dream:)

5 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 6

Well, it depends on the use and where you're located--if you're in the US and want an edible product or just one for decorations that won't be eaten. 

If you're in the UK or Australia, the answer would be different.

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 6

Good point! I’m in the US. I was actually looking for  a gold dust mainly for just decorations but I wouldn’t mind some suggestions on edible dusts as well. Thank you! @maybenot

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 6

My personal choice for edible metallics are those made by http://roxyandrich.com

For decorative items, most highlighter dust are very similar.  They're made of real metals, which is one reason that they're INEDIBLE,  and come in lots of shades.  Luxe Cake has a nice range. 

Nanas.sweet.treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nanas.sweet.treats Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 12:28am
post #5 of 6

I have used wilton (a waste of money), I have used CK, it had good coverage, but it was not rich in color, the best I have used so far is the brand pictured.  I got it from Walmart.com third party seller. I was very rich In color and is what was used on the unicorn.  CK is a good brand, I really like the silver from there. 

Nanas.sweet.treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nanas.sweet.treats Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 12:40am
post #6 of 6

I had these uploaded in the post, but they disappearedWhat Brand Gold Luster Dust Do You Use?What Brand Gold Luster Dust Do You Use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%