Needing Advice

Business By Nanas.sweet.treats Updated 5 Feb 2019 , 7:26pm by -K8memphis

Nanas.sweet.treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nanas.sweet.treats Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

I recently started a home cake business. And I planned get some machines to help with some of the decorating. And I would like to have some advice from some of the more experienced business owners. I do a lot of fondant cakes and for Christmas I received a airbrush machine.  I also want to purchase a cricut machine, an edible printer and I'm really considering on purchasing a 3D printer for shape cutters.  My question is do any of you Baker business owners, own any or maybe all three of these machines? And which one do you find most useful and cost effecient? 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 1:52am
post #2 of 4

i'd say when you get orders for things that can only be done with those machines -- consider getting them -- the edible printer and air brush would come in handy if you want to go that way in decorating -- then I would go for a fondant roller before I went for a 3-d printer meself -- I have zero experience with a 3-d printer though -- might be the coolest thing ever  -- idk

Nanas.sweet.treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nanas.sweet.treats Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 2:16am
post #3 of 4

I already have an airbrush machine. The 3D printer would make the character cookie/fondant cutters for some of the cakes that have been requested.

Visit JB cutters web page when you get time. They use a 3D printer to create those cutters.  I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to purchase the Cutters or in the long run.come out better about by purchasing the machine and make them myself. I would definitely save a lot of time on hand cutting characters. I'm just trying determine which would be most cost efficient. I was hopeful that someone on here would have experience with those machines. I definitely could have used the cutters for the Vault boy cake I made and posted on my page last month.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 4

wow a 3-d printer would be pretty cool -- I always made my own cutters and templates -- but it would make it so much faster -- stay away form the batmans & copyrighted stuff though -- looks like a brilliant idea, nana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%