Wedding Cake By Cakes_By_Mischell

Decorating By nancygb44 Updated 30 Jan 2019 , 1:32am by -K8memphis

nancygb44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancygb44 Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 9

I just love the tall white wedding cake in the gallery by Mischell that is decorated with a raised white rose design.  The edges and centers of the flowers are painted gold -- I assume using a luster dust.  Was a silicone mold used to make the roses which were then applied to the cake?  If so, what mold was used, where can I find it, and was a gumpaste used to mold the flowers?

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 9

got a link or a picture?

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 9

might be brush embroidery but idk if I can't see it

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 9

Here it is.  It definitely is a stunning cake.

Wedding Cake on Cake Central

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 9

I have no idea how she did it -- 

I would try the flowers with piped royal icing -- although the larger leaves above and below the flower look impressed -- so that's either fondant or maybe she lightly glazed it after piping? dots are piped -- the whole thing has a glazed or melty-in-a-good-way look to it -- I think it's all piped -- could be sprayed with glaze or something -- the gold is painted on after -- so for sure I got  two right -- the dots are piped and the gold is painted on -- also the sprays of leaves are def piped -- so that's three --

no -- I got it -- she waters it down after piping at just the right time to get the seamless melty-in-a-good way look!  for example in the big flower where the bud meets the other petals -- deftly watered down royal!!! at least that's how I could/would name that tune blush

beautiful beautiful cake

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 9

I think a mold was definitely used for the large flowers and possibly the smaller leaves.  I have no idea what mold that is but you could always ask by adding a comment to the photo and see if she will respond.  Or you could always message her directly.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 9

freckles, no two small leaves are the same

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 7:21pm
post #8 of 9

I would make these by rolling a piece of fondant to about 3/8" thickness, place my pattern for the flower and leaves on the fondant and transfer by pricking tiny holes around the lines, then cut out the fondant around the outline.  Sugar shapers / modeling tools, even a dresdin tool, would be used to make the veins, petals and add the 2D effect.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2019 , 1:32am
post #9 of 9

i'm in love with the little birdie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%