Commercial Mixers For Bakery (Cakes, Gobs, Fillings, Buttercreams, Icings, Etc - No Bread Or Dough)

Business By sweetooth94

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 1:38am
post #1 of 1

Hi!  I had two stand mixers (a  2007 KA 5-1/2 qt and a 2010 Cuisinart 7qt) and both quit on me two weeks before Christmas within an hour of each other.  Since I had tons of Christmas Cookie orders, I ran to my local Kitchen Collection store and grabbed a refurbished KA to get me through.  It's OK but I can tell it's not made as well as my older version of the KA and the motor isn't as strong.  I need to invest in a second stand mixer because I can barely function with just one.  My little KA was a workhorse and I loved the smaller bowl for certain recipes I use.  My Cuisinart had a build in timer so I could walk away and it worked perfect for my buttercream (I just looked into buying another one but read reviews that it's made cheap now.... I hate to invest in one that's not going to withstand daily use!!!)  I can't afford a $3000-$5000 (or more) floor mixer.  I'm on Webstaurant Store looking at models for $1000 or less.  Anyone have any of these mixers??  What do you recommend?  Any input from bakers appreciated!!!  (PS -I'm a small scale commercial baker.  No employees, just me - but I put out quite a bit of orders from my bakery each week.  My goal is to take enough orders to keep me busy - without hiring anyone.)

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%