Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 4 Feb 2019 , 4:10pm by Marian64

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 20

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Thanks to everyone who gave ideas for the bitthday/Valentine's cake. I still don't know what I'll do as I'm still not all that inspired. I find Richard doing small cakes with so many things to fit in.

No cakes for me this week but I'm doing a simple  one to take to work on Tues.  Looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to.

Kelly

19 replies
MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 20

Rush order for an Octonauts birthday day. Fondant is messy but at least it’s recognizable, I guess :)Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 20

I made this David Bowie themed cake this week. I struggled with the theme a bit but I’m quite happy with how it turned out.Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 20

Wedding cake. I thought the florist was going to do the flowers, so I stuck around to make sure things went well. I was a little surprised to learn that I was expected to arrange the flowers on the cake. This was a little concerning as I have never worked with fresh flowers before. Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 20

It looks like a pro did the flowers:)  I hope you wrapped the stems in floral tape OR stuck them in a wet cotton ball and put them in a plastic drink straw. 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 20

Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19Friday Night Cake Club For 01/26/19

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 20

I did a fitness theme cake and a first birthday cake. I also made a cute little owl smash cake. Nothing for me again til the 6th. 

kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 20

Nice work everyone :)

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 27 Jan 2019 , 12:56am
post #9 of 20

What is this talk of wet cotton balls? I found some normal size straws at the bar and stuck the ends in those before I inserted them into the cake. The roses on top are actually resting on a small disk of white chocolate that can be removed before serving- just wish I could have done that to the one sitting on the side of the cake. I'm really not a huge fan of putting stuff on cake that is not edible but people like it and buy it so I roll with the punches I guess. 

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 27 Jan 2019 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 20

@MerMadeBakedGoods your cake turned out to be lovely!

@louglou I love the design you cake up with, pretty cake!

@thecanadian160 your cake is so gorgeous! Good job with the flowers by the way.

@GIGGLEBOX2014 Great cakes this week. I am so in love with your owl, it is too adorable!

I've just finished the cakes for the twins birthday. Party is later on today, my pictures are not taken yet. I'll post them later. Have a good day everyone!

kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2019 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 20

Thecanadian ask: .....What is this talk of wet cotton balls? ....

Some people place a damp cotton ball on the end of a flower stem to keep it hydrated then stick that into a straw.

Laetia Posted 27 Jan 2019 , 11:15pm
post #12 of 20

Here are the pictures of the twins birthday cake. They were both very pleased with the disign I came up with for their cakes. The more they grow up, the more thankfull and thrill they look when they see their cake for the first time. This year, their reaction was priceless.

My niece's ask for a baseball strawberry cake. This cake was so fun to make. For once, I was realy happy with how it look!

My nephew ask for a double chocolate Nerf cake. This one was more challenging... I never covered a cake with fondant so badly! I ended up changing the whole design trying to cover the many, many boo-boos I made. I guess it was a decent saving after all!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 28 Jan 2019 , 8:32am
post #13 of 20

Mine was actually an all-nighter Wed-Thurs, so Friday night was rest.

Sarah's Bridal Shower on Cake Central

Laetia Posted 28 Jan 2019 , 3:32pm
post #14 of 20

Your cake is realy impressive @gscout73 ! Wow

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 29 Jan 2019 , 1:12am
post #15 of 20

Thank you! I still can't get over it.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 2 Feb 2019 , 7:36pm
post #16 of 20

All the cakes look great. But gscout73 yours is amazing and so impressive. 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 6:39am
post #17 of 20

All the cakes are impressive in their own ways as always   :)

I love seeing what everyone comes up with on here!

For fresh flowers in/on cake...  I use florist parafilm to completely cover the stem, which also helps trap any moisture inside too to help the flower stay looking fresh. 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 6:41am
post #18 of 20

I had an expo on Thurs so Fri was recovery. 36 degree heat here in Aus that day and the expo was outside. Gross. I had a touch of heatstroke by the end of the night.

This was my stall set-up though. Same venue as the last couple of years in case anyone notices a similarity!   :)

Laetia Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 2:49pm
post #19 of 20

Very pretty cakes @me_me1 ! Your stall looks simply gorgeous. 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 4:10pm
post #20 of 20

@me_me1 beautiful cakes. Glad they survived the heat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%