Help, Daughter Wants Coconut Cream Icing. How Stable Is This?

Decorating By gscout73 Updated 25 Jan 2019 , 8:21pm by -K8memphis

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 22 Jan 2019 , 1:45am
post #1 of 10

Will coconut cream icing hold up in fridge for 3 days? What about under fondant??

9 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2019 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 10

gotta recipe?

gscout73 Posted 23 Jan 2019 , 4:14am
post #3 of 10

Ingredients

Process

1. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge over night so that the cream will rise to the surface and separate from the water.
  2. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and turn the can upside down. Using a can opener, open the can of coconut milk from the bottom and discard the water that separated from the cream.
  3. Scoop the thick cream into a small mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract, and stevia (or raw honey or powdered sugar). Whip the cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, adding natural food coloring if desired.
  4. Use immediately to pipe onto cooled cupcakes, or place in the fridge until use.

Notes

You can use raw honey or powdered sugar to sweeten this whipped coconut cream. I do not recommend using maple syrup, because it may affect the consistency of the whipped cream. Raw honey is thicker than maple syrup, so it should hold it's shape okay. For best results use a small amount of liquid stevia, or powdered sugar.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 23 Jan 2019 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 10

This looks like a vegan option to whipped cream. Have no idea how it will hold up, in the fridge, or out of the fridge. I’m dubious about using under fondant.  Unfortunately the only way to know is to do a trial run. 

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 23 Jan 2019 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 10

I am vegan and have made coconut whipped cream.  First of all it is tricky and hard to get to whip up in my experience.  I also do not think it is stable enough for what you have in mind.  I would suggest a coconut flavored buttercream.  

gscout73 Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 10

Ok, here it is. The bottom is the coconut/coconut cream, middile is triple choc, top is vanilla/strawberry cream. Accents painted copper. The middle is to represent the glass and copper candle holders she'll have at her ceremony and reception. The stand was black and spray painted to math the copper in her theme.

Help, Daughter Wants Coconut Cream Icing. How Stable Is This?

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 10

Looks lovely. Wonderful job!!

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 10

that is amazing -- great work!! she had to have been thrilled -- wow clap

gscout73 Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you. Several did not believe it was real edible cake, all took pics, and none had ever seen a hanging cake. I love this!!!! But I am getting an s-hook.  We had to hold the stand sideways to get the stand in the loop. lol it was funny, but a lesson.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 8:21pm
post #10 of 10

yeah I was looking at that -- and it hurt -- I coulda never got it in there hahahaha -- great wonderful work! wowzers that one totally takes the cake purple_heart

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%