Colo(U)R Trends

Decorating By bleary Updated 27 Jan 2019 , 12:50pm by Magic Mouthfuls

bleary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bleary Posted 17 Jan 2019 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 3

I'm in danger of making nothing but purple and teal cakes for the next few months. Enlighten me - what colours are your cakes at the moment? I'm in need of artistic inspiration!

2 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 18 Jan 2019 , 6:31am
post #2 of 3

Gray, pink, and gold have been the flavor of the last 2 weeks lol teal, black, and white is another popular one, teal and coral. My favorite combination was maroon, gold, and brown....I don't know how that worked, but it did.  Gold is everywhere for me right now. I think out of the last 10 cakes I have done, 6 have had gold somewhere on it.

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 27 Jan 2019 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 3

Take a look at the Pantone website = they are the worldwide creator of colours that everyone uses (fashion, home decor, digital artists, printers, etc).  Each year they issue the Pantone Colour of the year, and a range of complementary colour palettes and the rest of the world follows.  Cake world eventually follows (usually a few years behind the times) but if you use the current year, your photos/cake designs) will have more longevity with potential customers than if you use colours that were 'oh so last year' LOL.

2016 = Rose Gold

2017 = Greenery 

2018 = Ultra Violet

2019 = Living Coral  (and yes, they teamed it with turquoise)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%