Pear, Dark Chocolate And Ricotta Wasc?

Baking By The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Updated 14 Jan 2019 , 12:11am by kakeladi

The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Feeding_Of_The_Fox Posted 13 Jan 2019 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 4

I've had this idea in my head for a WASC that is made with pear yoguart, juice (from a can of pears) and a pinch of cinnimon. I'd make a pear filling with the tinned fruit, layered with a ricotta cream and then a dark chocolate granache drip. 

What do you think about the flavours, any tips for how to add it all to my WASC? I'd most likely use a white cake mix, but I do have a chocolate one knocking around too. 

Thoughts?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2019 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 4

pear yogurt -- idk -- I would want to remove the water from the yogurt and the pear preserves -- I would find a pear vodka or something to do a pear splash on the baked layers too -- pear liqueur + simple syrup -- and I think I would go with fresh pears -- but it sounds delicious to me -- pomegranate is nice with pear too

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2019 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 4

do you think the dark choco would drown out the pear flavor? I would definitely use a white or yellow cake though myself

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 12:11am
post #4 of 4

I rather agree w/k8.  I don't think there is  going to be much pear flavor just using yogurt.  There  is a brand of canned juice/nector (Kerr or Kern?) that I suggest you use as the liquid in the batter instead of using water.   Consider thickening your mashed pears w/some cornstarch for the filling - that way you might be able to use more pears to help increase the flavor.  In fact I'd even consider adding some mashed pears to the batter.   I don't think a choco drip is enought to drown the pear flavor. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%