Help Please! Polystyrene Hole Dummies

Baking By cakesbyliane Updated 12 Jan 2019 , 9:46pm by cakesbyliane

cakesbyliane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyliane Posted 12 Jan 2019 , 8:12am
post #1 of 3

Help Please! Polystyrene Hole DummiesPlease help! Do you think I can put 2 tiers of real cake on top of the polystyrene tier that has the whole in? Will it be too heavy or ok? Picture to show the polysterene tier with the hole I'm using. Thank you for your suggestions.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2019 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 3

Cake dummies are super strong :)   What you might do is put something heavy on top of the styro (perhaps a full can of shortening or 5# bag of flour or sugar??).  I'd suggest standing on it but I don't think 2 cake tiers weigh as much as the average person LOL!  UUMMM:  just noticed your dummy w/the hole seems to have a crack in the middle of the bottom end of it.  Was that where the knife/saw was entered to form the hole?   That might be a problem.  It really depends on what cake recipe you use as to how much those 2 cakes will weigh  I mean are we talking fruit cake w/marzipan and fondant or regular cake (like a boxed mix) w/b'cream? 

cakesbyliane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyliane Posted 12 Jan 2019 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I think I am going to make the tiers fake and have cutting cakes in the kitchen. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%