Kitchenaid Poc - Does Anyone Have/use A Bosch?

Baking By lindacarol6 Updated 10 Jan 2019 , 11:36pm by jchuck

lindacarol6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindacarol6 Posted 10 Jan 2019 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 2

I am a home baker.  DH bought me a 6 qt Kitchenaid in 2008, in 2009, 1 week short of end of warranty the PLASTIC gears broke and KA sent us a rebuild. In 2012 some kind of pin sheared off, but DH (engineer) replaced it with something he got at the hardware store. It was starting to make noise and bobble around on counter a bit so DH bought me new PRO with the biggest motor and bowl for Christmas. First use out of the box was whipping cream for a new years tiramisu. gradually ramped it up and 20 seconds after getting to the highest speed it started to whine. Last night I pull it out to make a batch of whipped american buttercream and honest to goodness it starts making the whiney noise after 20 seconds and at the 1 minute marking freaking shut itself off. I had to pull out my old one to finish. (ay MIL's old Hamilton Beach stand mixer from 1955 got much rough and heavy use by her and then me until 2012 when it stopped working - 57 years later, and DH was going to try to fix it but stupid me said no)

Do the KA is going back but what to replace it with? Do I just do musical KAs and hope whatever I have breaks while in warranty? This is nuts.  Has anyone used a Bosch? If so can you tell me the pros and cons?

1 reply
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 10 Jan 2019 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 2

I’ve had the KA artisan 4 quart for 15 years, maybe more. Think I’ve used almost every week since I’ve had it. No repairs, still going strong. I bought myself the Bosch kitchen machine when I retired as a gift to me. But it was pricey. $600. But that is Canadian price.  Was imported from USA, so cheaper there. I make all my large batches of everything in my Bosch. And I can make enough bread dough for 4 loaves at one time. Love it.  I just saw a tutorial about a month ago by Liz Marek/Sugar Geek show demonstrating a new mixer that was just like my Bosch, a bit smaller, but a lot cheaper. And Bosch parts fit this mixer. I’ve searched, but can’t seem to find it. Grrrr ...if I find it will post. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%