French Macaron Browning On Too Help!

Baking By dream_cakes15 Updated 11 Jan 2019 , 5:50am by dream_cakes15

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 8 Jan 2019 , 7:38am
post #1 of 5

After many and I do mean MANY trial and errors, I have finally learned how to make macarons with the perfect crisp on the outside and the right amount of chewiness bursting with flavors on the inside. 

Everything is perfect except for one little problem... I can’t seem to get the tops of the cookie from browning!

I bake the macarons on convection in the middle rack. So far I’ve tried putting a tray on the upper rack to sheild the direct heat. I lowered the heat from 320 to 300 and baked it a little longer. I’ve even pulled the tray out a minute earlier but nothing seems to work. I’d really like to give these as favors for my little boys birthday party coming up. I’m really hoping someone can help me with some suggestions I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!:)

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2019 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 5

can you bake them in a deeper pan so the air can't blow? you could even make a parchment encampment for them so the convection will stop messing with you -- and congrats -- my first and only batch was fine and i'm holding right there -- ha!

https://www.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Paper-Box

dream_cakes15 Posted 8 Jan 2019 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you!:) What exactly is an parchment encampment? Do you think it would be better if I use a convention instead? Cause my oven has both options. 

Oh I know what you mean, I’ve been trying to avoid making these for quite awhile cause I heard how finicky they are lol. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jan 2019 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 5

I mean make a deep box so the hot air can't blow on the cookies and brown them -- the link tells you how to fold a box -- make it out of parchment with deep sides --

but if you can turn off the convection -- i'd do that first

dream_cakes15 Posted 11 Jan 2019 , 5:50am
post #5 of 5

Ok I’m gonna give it a shot. Thank you very much! @k8memphis

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%