Cake Timeline ... Help!!

Baking By erinnieft Updated 19 Dec 2018 , 5:11pm by -K8memphis

erinnieft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinnieft Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 2:43am
post #1 of 3

Hi!! 

This weekend i have anbunch of cakes due and due and I think this is the most I have taken on so of course I am second guessing myself! 

I have a question about 3 of them ... 

1. Cake due on Friday (will be eaten on Friday) 

2. Cake due on Friday (will be eaten on Saturday)

3. Cake due on Saturday am (eaten on Saturday)

This time I used a “box” cake mix and were all baked on Monday and have been in freezer. Would it be ok to stack and fill (just Vanilla buttercream) tomorrow, Wednesday so I have enough time to decorate the following days? Each is pretty extensive detail work(fondant) and did all I could do ahead of time but most needs to be done when the cake is ready! 

Thanks so so much I’m advance!! 

E

2 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 12:49pm
post #2 of 3

For me, I do not see an issue at all with your plans.  Typically I fill, stack, and cover with icing 2 days before a cake is due.  Then the day before it is due I decorate.  Then the day it is due I make any final adjustments if necessary.  You definitely don't want to cut yourself short on time...it is never fun working under stress/pressure of the clock.  And if it makes you feel any better I just threw away the last slice of a doctored box cake mix cake that had been sitting out in a cake carrier for about a week and a half.  The only reason why I threw it away and didn't eat it was not because it was stale (in fact it was perfectly fine) but because if I ate one more slice of cake I thought I may turn into a piece of cake :)  So if your main concern is stale/spoiled cake that shouldn't be an issue.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 3

yes you should be fine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%