Friday Night Cake Club For 12/14/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 17 Dec 2018 , 7:38pm by auntginn

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 16 Dec 2018 , 12:45am
post #1 of 7

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

And.....I'm late again! There are not enough hours in my days as of late, I'm sure everyone else is getting busy for the holidays too.

I don't have my photos downloaded off my camera yet but hope to get them posted soon ☺

Hope you all had a great week!

Kelly

6 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 16 Dec 2018 , 11:20am
post #2 of 7

I made this for a charity raffle. It’s chocolate cake and the winner was someone I know who is a chocoholic so it’s gone to a good home! 

It was really difficult to cover and had to be patched up with lots of fondant gloop. And the shape went all wonky. This picture is from a good angle.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 16 Dec 2018 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 7

Louglou, it is GORGEOUS! I love making charity/auction cakes, when time and means are available. It is always so fun (if I am present) to see the joy reaction of the new cake owner. Well done, and beautiful! 

I did 2 cakes, one extra-carrot/extra-spice cake for a small office holiday "coffee break", and a vanilla birthday cake for a 6-year-old girl party - second similarly themed Cinderella  but smaller and less elaborate of topper. I don't really like "shoe cakes", but they rank better on my "don't like the look of" list of cakes than the unicorn cakes... LOL. I have my hangups... But this shoe came out sweet, not sleazy, so I like it. The mom wants to keep it "indefinitely", and I am trying to convince her to let the kid eat it. It is part of the fun, to be able to eat the topper like this (party is later today). I wish they were a bit more fortunate with organizing the party, as turns out, twice as many as previously expected guests are coming, but I made the cake for the original amount of servings... It could use another tier! Oh well. I can't do anything about that now. I hope there will be additional desserts. There should be ju-u-ust enough cake for the kids at the party. I sort of feel bad, but there is nothing I can do.

Friday Night Cake Club For 12/14/18Friday Night Cake Club For 12/14/18

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Dec 2018 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 7

Beautiful work both of you.   Louglou I have made many 1/2 ornaments but never tried a  full round one.  Lelek that sure is a big cake for a little girl.  Very nicely done.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 17 Dec 2018 , 12:30am
post #5 of 7

That ornament looks perfect! Don’t know if I would even attempt it. 

The shoe cake looks amazing. She will love it.  I love the ornament cake too. Might steal the idea one day.

i am just baking cookies for the holidays right now. 

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 17 Dec 2018 , 11:15am
post #6 of 7

Thank you! The ornaments on the holiday cake are half-dome chocolates. Also work as cupcake toppers, I had made a few extras for my daughter's small holiday playdate, and the girls were completely smitten by them. 

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Dec 2018 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 7

Hello again, I know we're all super busy these days.  Merry Christmas to all.

Louglou, your ornament cake is lovely.

LelekBolek, love your Cinderella cake.  And that wreath cake with matching cupcakes are super cute.

I made this cake this last weekend.  I was for my friends son, who got married on Sat.  The bride wanted gold flakes on the cake.  Unfortunately they don't show up as well as I wish they had.  Friday Night Cake Club For 12/14/18

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%