Tips For Covering Grease Stains On Plain Costco Cake Board

Decorating By Katlh403 Updated 8 Dec 2018 , 11:08pm by -K8memphis

Katlh403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katlh403 Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

First time post☺Tips For Covering Grease Stains On Plain Costco Cake BoardTips For Covering Grease Stains On Plain Costco Cake Board:

I am not a professional baker but my friend has asked me to make her display wedding cake and order sheet cakes for 200 guests. I am happy to do it and she knows I'm not experienced and it's at her own risk lol

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 4

The bpards should be covered w/something that is greas-proof like special foils or fondant before the cake is placed on it.  I've even heard of people using that new plastic wrap that sticks to it's self. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 4

That's press & seal plastic wrap mentioned up there ^^^.   Also, if the cake is already on the board you can cut strips of fondant and lay them on the board to cover stains.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 4

another idea is to buy small paper lace doilies and cut them in half and slide the cut edge under the iced cake before you border it --

and when you score a cake -- you don't cut all the way through -- and make sure your board doesn't wiggle at all -- needs to be doubled or tripled even so it doesn't bend and you can avoid the gaps --  tape or hot glue them together -- or wrap with food safe paper -- your lattice is very pretty there --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%