Gratuitous Bragging Post

Lounge By LindsayH Updated 8 Dec 2018 , 6:00pm by SandraSmiley

LindsayH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindsayH Posted 7 Dec 2018 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 6

Home-baker here. Over the past few years, I've developed a relationship with the owners of a local upscale kitchen supply store. They have a beautiful kitchen in their shop where they hold cooking classes, demos, etc. And a few times now we've partnered up and I've used their kitchen to bake some things for their events.

Well, they're hosting a baking demo and book signing with Rose Levy Beranbaum as part of her latest book tour and they asked me to assist her!! I'll be making a few batches of one of her cookie recipes at various stages in the process for her to use during the baking demo. I'm super excited! But it's definitely intimidating to be baking for the woman who literally wrote the book on it. I just had to share with some folks who actually know who Rose is. My husband doesn't understand why I might be nervous to bake for her.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2018 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 6

Serious Congrats!!!! What a great opportunity for you :) 

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 7 Dec 2018 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 6

Congratulations!  Don't worry, you'll be great.  As long as you don't set her on fire you have nothing to worry about - - just kidding. Have loads of fun!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 7 Dec 2018 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 6

How wonderful!!! I have Rose Levy Beranbaum’s book The Cake Bible....invaluable!! Congrats!! Enjoy yourself and have fun!!

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 2:16am
post #5 of 6

That is awesome!  You should be proud!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Dec 2018 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 6

Huge congratulations!!  Enjoy the experience!  Even though larger than life, I am betting she is still human (big smile).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%