How Would You Make This?

Decorating By mistygdunn Updated 6 Dec 2018 , 1:53am by SandraSmiley

mistygdunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistygdunn Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 2:56am
post #1 of 8

how would you make this football outline? I know I could just make a rkt football, but I’d like to make the outline  ideas? How Would You Make This?

7 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 3:59am
post #2 of 8

My first choice would be to use pastillage, but gum paste would probably work too.  You could use a real football as a guide to make templates for the frame.  All of the pieces appear to be the same size, so only one template would be required.  Roll out the paste to about an eighth of an inch and cut the pieces.  With your finger, soften the cut edges into a slightly rounded shape.  Cover your football in plastic wrap and position the gum paste pieces in the appropriate area to dry in the shape of the football.  To prevent the pieces from falling and breaking, it would probably be safer to dry just two at a time or use two footballs as formers.  I would allow at least a week of drying time and more if I had the luxury.  Once dried and assembled, paint it with silver highlighter mixed with volka or lemon juice.  

Good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 8

I would make two, three or four pieces per design (I would make beaucoups of extras) ideally i'd like to use three -- one full size from side to side and then two side pieces -- and lay them on their side to dry and stick them into something to make them stand up -- like chocolate or something -- I would use fondant and lots of corn starch -- it has a teensy bit of give but it dries rock hard too -- but I would make some from gun paste too --

there's no wrong way

-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 8

*gum

-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 8

I was just looking at a chocolate master -- he made an antique looking table with a drawer that worked and a marble top all out of chocolate -- just exquisite -- so it could be made out of chocolate too -- if you're like really really good --

I would make some foam forms the shape I wanted -- pour the chocolate on strips of mylar -- that plastic film -- and set them on the foam forms to set up -- 

another idea for you

-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

then spray paint it silver

-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2018 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 8

nope nope nope -- I didn't watch the whole thing -- he was making a table yes but then he put a gramophone on it also made of chocolate -- just incredibley lovely -- crazy great workmanship

maybe this link will work to see this if anyone wants to

https://www.facebook.com/demilked/videos/1864574193563364/

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Dec 2018 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for sharing, -K8memphis!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%