Fondant Suggestions

Decorating By KatyN Updated 3 Dec 2018 , 3:05am by SandraSmiley

KatyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatyN Posted 30 Nov 2018 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 5

My MMF doesn’t turn out well - can someone suggest a RTU brand that’s easy to work with?

hope that’s ok to ask.

thanks!

4 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 30 Nov 2018 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 5

What MMF recipe are you using?  What issue are you having with it?  I have tried two MMF recipes.  The first worked okay but then I tried the Liz Marek marshmallow fondant and LOVED it!

As for retail brands I have only used Wilton and Cake Craft.  Wilton's I think is great for beginners but does not have the best flavor.  Cake Craft worked well but I did find that it was slightly on the softer side and was a bit more sticky to work with. 

There are a ton of brands out there and quite a few reviews/comparisons of the different types.  You will just need to not only get suggestions on here, but also do some research and see which brand would be best for your needs/what you like to work with.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Nov 2018 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 5

I also suggest  using Wilton's.  I know, it does not have much (any?) flavor but........that is what is so perfect about it.  YOU can flavor it any way you want.  I usually just add drops at a time, knead it in, then repeat until I can smell & taste it.  I usually used the combination of 1 part vanilla, 1/2 part of butter and 1/4 part of almond.    A "part" can be any measure you want - teaspoon, Tablespoon, cup, gallon - what ever 'floats your boat" :) 

biscuiteater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biscuiteater Posted 2 Dec 2018 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 5

Agree with previous post to try out different kinds to see what suits you. 

We like:

Satin Ice

Fat Daddios (but we have trouble finding it)

The brand  Hobby Lobby carries - Sunny Side Up Bakery

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Dec 2018 , 3:05am
post #5 of 5

I use Liz Marek's fondant almost exclusively.  It works nicely for me and the flavor is better than most.

http://artisancakecompany.com/recipe/the-best-marshmallow-fondant-recipe-ever/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%